DEPUTY STORE MANAGER
The Assistant Store Manager reports to their Store Manager in the store in which they are employed to work and are part of the retail team. In the Store Managers absence Assistant Store Managers report to their Regional Manager.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Assistant Store Manager is a key member of the Store team, and undertakes to improve the commercial performance of the store, exploring opportunities to maximise sales and profitability, increasing customer satisfaction, and delivering the highest operational and trading standards.
The Assistant Store Manager also plays a vital role in communicating Modelzone’s values and products to customers and educating the public about their products lines
To assist/support the Store Manager in the recruitment, training, development and performance management of a competent and committed team, through exemplary leadership and motivation, ensuring the delivery of consistently high standards and quality of service.
When required and in the absence of the Store Manager the Assistant Store Manager acts as the Store Manager.
In this role your main responsibility will be to assist/support the Store Manger to maximise store profits through the effective management of resources and to use commercial awareness to make decisions.
- Assist/support in creating a customer focus store environment.
- Assist/support in enhancing customer experience through balancing sales opportunities and customer needs.
- Assist/support in ensuring focus is on the customer and monitor levels of customer service.
- Assist/support in maintaining customer service as a constant priority focus for all staff.
- Assisting/supporting in ensuring consistent selling skills and product knowledge training is provided.
- Assist/support in responding to customer complaints and comments in a timely and courteous fashion.
MERCHANDISING AND STORE STANDARDS
- Assist/support in coaching team members on the basic skills involved in Visual Display.
- Assist/support in creating an understanding of the factors which influence customer buying decisions and capitalise on them.
- Assist/support in coaching team members in order to give a full understanding of the principles of Visual Merchandising, Visual Display, Selling with Security in mind and Sales Promotion.
- Assist/support in the preparation and building window displays.
- Assist/support in sales promotion on a daily, event or seasonal basis.
- Responsible for promoting awareness of security issues and taking the appropriate action if/when required.
- Key holder.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Fully adhering to and liaising with official bodies and Company Health & Safety representatives to ensure full compliance to the Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Assist/support in carrying out risk assessments.
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and of other people affected by your actions.
- Assist/support in ensuring compliance with Modelzone’s Health and Safety procedures e.g. first aid, fire, COSHH, manual handling, etc.
- Leads and motivates store teams to achieve sales and profitability targets and communicates results.
- Coach and develops people and monitors progress in a timely manner. Provides opportunities for continual development.
- Recognises the different performance of colleagues and values achievement.
- Utilises all communication tools for effective two way communication to ensure team updated of business requirements.
- Assist/support in the Induction of new starters.
- Assist/support in the recruitment and retention of staff.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND SELF DEVELOPMENT
- Attending workshops as required.
- Fully adhering to updates in policy, procedure, products and prices.
- Continuing to develop your own skills and knowledge and improve your own performance through seeking opportunities to learn.
- Works closely with the Store Manager to deliver business results.
- Assisting/supporting the Store Manager and Regional Manager by suggesting improvements to working practices and by taking a ‘problem solving approach’.
Note that this is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post-holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Store Manager and Regional Manager. The responsibility level of any other duties should not exceed those outlined above.