Officially designated the Bell UH-1 Iroquois, this chopper is better known as the Huey. It gained fame when it was used by the American forces in the Vietnam War of the sixties, becoming an irreplaceable piece of modern battlefield equipment that saw rescue, troop transport and armed escort duty. When the heavy machine guns, rocket pods and nose mounted grenade launcher were introduced, the UH-1B and C received the nickname "Huey Hog". It was also flown by the Marine Corps as the UH-1E. Model details:
• Detailed interior with instrument panel and pilot figures
• Seat and ammunition chest
• Movable main and tail rotors
• 2 rocket pods, 4 external MGs with cartridge belt
• Optional under nose grenade launcher
• Decals for a Marine Corps UH-1E and a US Army UH-1C
Requires assembly and painting.
|No. of parts||76|
|Rotor diameter||277 mm|
ModelZone uses an external service to give independent and honest product reviews.
Overall rating for this product: